More Info On JXD’s GamePad-alikes, the S7300 And Its Little Brother The S5600

If you’re chomping at the bit for more info on JXD’s new gaming tablet, you’re in luck because the technical specs are in! The kind folks over at thinkelectronics.com have furnished us with a promotional PDF from JXD themselves, and lo and behold the S7300 takes pride of place on page 4, shortly followed by a surprise addition in the form of the S5600! I previously mentioned the S7300 but technical specs were none existant at the time – JXD has now spilled the beans, but interestingly these are not rocking the same RK3066 that we’ll be getting in the Archos GamePad.

There are actually 4 models in total. The S7300 is the 7 inch version, and it comes in 2 flavours. The lesser of the two houses a single core GeneralPlus 33003 @ 1Ghz, whereas the 2nd version contains the new AmLogic AML8726 MX. This is a dual core 1.5Ghz CPU and looks to have two Mali400 GPUs inside it as well. The MX seems to be the closest current competitor to the RK3066, and there are numerous benchmark comparisons around the internet. To the untrained eye it looks like the RK3066 beats it but not by much at all. Check out this link (translated), and if you have an insight into the results we’d love to hear your thoughts.

The S5600 is a 5 inch version of the same machine. It also comes in 2 flavours which look to be the same as above, save for the drop in screen resolution to 800×480. Inexplicably it also looks as though they decided to switch the position of the analog sliders for this model. Maybe the smaller overall size makes them more comfortable at the bottom? Who knows.

Of those wondering what the “double LR” shoulder buttons description means, the optimists among you may rejoice – because looking at the S5600 render it really does look like we have 2 shoulder buttons on the left, and also 2 on the right. I would imagine that this is the case for the S7300 too, it’s just harder to tell from the photograph. Both machines ship with Android 4.1 ‘Jelly Bean’ and should be available in the next couple of weeks. No word on pricing yet, but rumour has it that the S7300B will cost around $139.99. At only $10 less than the rumoured GamePad price, it remains to be seen which machine comes out top – but I suspect the GamePad will reign supreme.

Update: The S7300B is now available for pre-order at Willgoo!

Thanks very much to Earl from thinkelectronics.com for the heads up, you can head on over there for the link to the PDF in full – but be warned, it is 80MB!

43 thoughts on “More Info On JXD’s GamePad-alikes, the S7300 And Its Little Brother The S5600

1. MeG says:

I just bought the JDX s603 and was dissappointed that it does not allow me to download apps from Googleplay.

2. Blah says:

Would one be able to play n64 games well on this?
    (would you be able to set L and R to the shoulder buttons as well as Z?)

3. vickimoz says:

sorry i should have stated it is the s7300 i got the quote on :)

1. swaqGer says:

thanks for the confirmation πŸ˜€
      and by the way did you already ordered?

1. Wasabi says:

I would love to get my hands on the s5600 once it gets released. I’m just hoping that I can get an order in from Willgoo and have it shipped safely to NYC.

4. vickimoz says:

Hi I just contacted a company from alibaba website and it is possible to purchase 1 of these at $100 usd or if bulk buying it will be $85 usd each unit… I am in the UK and think Β£62.83 is very cheap for a brand new console

5. Andrew says:

If it’s real analog nubs then I’m in for a S5600b – I have a S5110 and it’s just the right size.

6. swaqGer says:

and by the way can you order only 1 directly from JXD company itself? i mean in alibaba?
    cuz’ i cant see any “minimum order” thingy πŸ˜€

1. It says: Packaging Details: 10 PCS per carton

7. retrowriter says:

I wonder why no importers have the s5600b yet….

1. swaqGer says:

i’m kinda wonderin’ too
      but w/ that minimum order of 500pcs
      i think resellers should have hardtime too πŸ˜€

2. It’s not released yet, they’re still in testing stages. Rumour has it that the S7300 will be released in mid December, so perhaps the S5600 will too. Those sellers on Alibaba will be a mixture of chancers and pre-orders.

1. swaqGer says:

the 7.inch is now @ their official website
        but the 5inch is not there yet :(

8. swaqGer says:

im lookin’ forward on buying me one of that S5600B or make it two..
    if it has that wifi direct thingy (for me and my ‘lil bro)
    im kinda bothered @ that archos’ gamepad tho :/
    i want more “portability” so i want a 5inch version of archos’ πŸ˜€
    (cuz for me 7inch is not portable) πŸ˜€ if u know what i mean.
    well i just wish this jxd’s gamepads should have the same dualcore CPU : quadcore GPU
    as of that of archos’
    but it has only 2GPU’s :/ (and it’s kinda holding me back on buying this)

but yeah as seen on that translated link ..
    RK3066 is not that much of a difference on this jxd’s AML8726
    i just hope so πŸ˜€

9. fbutte says:

S5600B is the one! The size is perfect. Hope they released it soon.
    With this new specs i think that it will be enought to emulate perfectly classic consoles from atari to n64 and psx.
    Just wanna know battery life…

10. Han says:

I can’t decide between the S7300B, or the S5600B.

11. Seems like they are really trying… and I really like that. Cant say the same for Yinlips…

12. Interested to see what the trigger buttons look like on the 7″ now. The picture is clearly a model compared to the diagram of the 5″. The 5″ looks to have better trigger buttons , but it’s not the model yet.

13. Chad W Smith says:

Since the 5″ has the same CPU as the 7″ – and a lower resolution screen, am I insane for thinking it will actually run faster than the 7″?

14. Airyl says:

I’m sure about the dual core 7 inch, but not sure about the 5 inch version.

15. Airyl says:

This is the time to rejoice! You know why? Because this thing has real analog nubs!

1. Do you know this for sure? If that’s the case then on paper at least this is the absolute perfect handheld imo.

16. Two questions,

1. Anybody know what the battery life might be like on these units.

2. What is that about 3g on the bottom? I find this very interesting. Would I be able to use this with 3g in America? Who is the service provider?

1. nameless says:

You should be able to use 3g anywhere in the world with reception. That includes america.
      as for the provider issue, it is dependent on which 3g sim card you put in it.

this is my guess.

1. Awesome thank you for the answer! Was curious seeing as it will run Android 4.1.

2. No-one will know until they’re released.

17. Josh says:

Any news in a release date for the 5600? I hope it comes out before Christmas.

1. No idea I’m afraid. JXD usually don’t take very long between promo info and product launch though, so I would expect it to be in stores by the end of November.

18. Mad Max says:

I can’t decided if I should buy the S5600B or the S7300B.

19. Norbert says:

Any news about JXD S5300 ? I thougt this will be the successor of S 5100 but i see that is the S5600.
    JXD on its official site shows a descrition about S5300 with images of V5200 (????)

20. Do they normally use illustrator line work for these images?

21. Frogboy says:

This is my next …

1. Frogboy says:

If I get one of these, probably the 5. I like the button layout better for retro gaming (otherwise, I’d probably be looking more towards the 7). The Archos Gamepad is high on my watch list right now as well. Been waiting impatiently for a dual-core to enter one of these machines so that it’ll run Android well.

2. The 5″ again because of the button layout. The 3ds sticks are so close to the trigger buttons like the 7″ model, it makes my hands hurt using them after a while. A little cramped up for your hands.

22. Josh says:

The 5600 sounds great but only if it’s $100 or less since I have been hyped up for the 5110 that my wife may get me for Christmas, which us $85 on eBay. You guys think the 5600 might be the same price?

1. I think the 5 inch will be somewhere between $90 and $110. That’s a total guess though πŸ˜€

23. I like how they put the start, select on the side. I just picked up the s603 for $56, the buttons and D pad feel really nice. The analog is pretty good but it feels a little cheap. I’m going to get the 5″ model. I’d like to see some demos of all these inputs being mapped just to be sure JXD is finally doing the right thing

24. retrowriter says:

The 5 incher seems like a really good size for retro gaming.

1. It does. It looks like JXD are dangerously close to actually getting it right.